We all need some organization around the house. So let’s start with the mails! Here is a simple and inexpensive DIY tutorial to organize those mails that have piled up on the kitchen counter.
½ yard of fabric*
One Hole Punch
Heat n Bond iron on adhesive
* Note: You can recycle old pillowcase or old clothing. I’m using left over fabric (check out my tutorial on mousepad makeover using scrap fabric)
- Cut foam board 14 inch wide x 20 inch high
- Cut 3 pieces of fabric in the following sizes
- Fold 1 inch on all sides of each fabric. Hem the sides by using Heat n Bond iron on adhesive.
- Start from the Bottom section. Lay fabric on the board, wrap around the sides. Apply hot glue to secure fabric on board. Start from the left, bottom and then right. Gently stretch fabric so that it’s snug.
- Repeat for middle and top section.
- Punch a hole on the left and right corner of the board. Thread the end of the ribbon through the hole and tie a knot.
- Use mailing labels to categorize each pocket.
Ta-da! There you have it! I have mine on the back of the closet door in the office. And now I’m going to make me a glass of The Honeybee, thanks to The Happy Home.